If you are a Lancaster University user, you may login here:
|Avoid having to verify your email address,
and drop-off files to anyone.
Anyone may perform the following activities:
|Drop-off (upload) a file for a Lancaster University user (email verification required).|
|Pick-up (download) a file dropped-off for you.|
ZendTo is a secure file transfer service available to Lancaster University staff. This service will make it easier to transfer files, up to in size, in and out of the University.Staff can:
- login to the system and drop off files for recipients to pick up;
- login to pick up a file that has been added for them.
- send files to staff as long as they know the staff's email address;
- collect files staff have sent to them.
- Files are stored on and accessed from our Lancaster University secure network;
- Files are scanned for viruses when they are uploaded;
- ZendTo does not store the files indefinitely, after 14 days the files are deleted from the system.
|Sending Internally||Sending Externally|
|Ordinary||No encryption required||No encryption required|
|Confidential||No encryption required*||Encryption required|
|Restricted||No encryption required*||Encryption required|
|Personal||No encryption required*||Encryption required|
* ZendTo keeps files out of email and keeps the files safe during transmission. If you need to save the files you receive, save them to central file store (our secure University network) and ensure they are not saved on the actual computer. If you intend on transferring sensitive personal data, you can encrypt the file before adding it into ZendTo for an extra layer of protection (Search Encryption in LancasterAnswers for step by step instructions on encryption).
When a recipient picks up a file(s), the sender receives an email stating the file has been collected and which computer was used to collect it.
ZendTo is accessible via any internet browser and is located on our own secure server.
ZendTo is currently in Beta version.